An Amazon Customer Service Associate is a critical part of our mission to deliver timely, accurate and professional customer service to all Amazon customers. This vital position requires an action-oriented, flexible problem-solver who will assist customers in expediting orders and correcting post-sales problems. Associates communicate with customers primarily through mail, chat, and phone and utilize a variety of software tools to navigate customer accounts, research, and review policies and communicate effective solutions in a fun and fast-paced environment.
Knowledge and Skills Required
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to communicate correctly and clearly with all customers
• Excellent documentation skills
• Good comprehension skills – ability to clearly understand and state the issues customers present
• Ability to concentrate – follow customers issues without distraction to resolution
• Good composition skills – ability to compose a grammatically correct, concise, and accurate written response
• Work successfully in a team environment as well as independently
• Ability to use a desktop computer system
• Familiarity with Windows XP, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word and Internet Explorer
• Excellent typing skills
• Demonstrates an understanding of the Internet, Amazon.com website, and competitor websites
• Demonstrates an ability to successfully navigate websites
• Demonstrates a proficient knowledge of email applications
• Demonstrates an ability to learn in various media
• Ability to successfully adapt to changes in the work environment
• Excellent customer service skills, including maintaining focus on the customer issue in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to empathize with and prioritize customer needs
• Demonstrates interpersonal skills with a diverse customer base
• Demonstrates conflict resolution, negotiation, and de-escalation skills
• Demonstrates ownership to resolve challenging customer issues, escalating when necessary
• Ability to determine customer needs and provide appropriate solutions
• Maintain regular and reliable attendance, including the daily schedule as assigned
• Flexible with the working schedule; may be expected to work weekends, holidays and events
• Ability to work overtime as required by business - as much as 60 hours a week, most often occurring in the weeks surrounding the Christmas holiday season
Problem Solving Skills:
• Effective problem-solving skills including decision making, time management and immediate prioritization of tasks as assigned
• Ability to approach problems logically and rationally
• Action-oriented and self-disciplined
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to quickly and effectively prioritize work time in various departments to meet the business need
• Ability to maintain composure in highly escalated situations
• Qualified candidates will be comfortable in a multi-tasking, high-energy environment. They will be a creative and analytical problem solvers with a passion for excellent customer service
The minimum qualification is 10 + 2. Any graduate/ PG is eligible to apply.
“Many of the problems we face have no textbook solution, and so we-happily-invent new ones.” – Jeff Bezos
Amazon.com – a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. A Fortune 100 company based in Seattle, Washington, Amazon is the global leader in e-commerce. Amazon offers everything from books and electronics to apparel and diamond jewelry. They operate sites in Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Netherlands, Spain, United Kingdom, and the United States, and maintain dozens of fulfillment centers around the world that encompass more than 26 million square feet.
Technological innovation drives the growth of Amazon, offering our customers more selection, convenient shopping, and low prices. Amazon Web Services provides developers and small to large businesses access to the horizontally scalable state of the art cloud infrastructure like S3, EC2, AMI, CloudFront and SimpleDB, which powers Amazon.com. Developers can build any type of business on Amazon Web Services and scale their application with growing business needs.
They want you to help share and shape our mission to be Earth's most customer-centric company. Amazon's evolution from a Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of invention that is part of our DNA. They do this every day by inventing elegant and simple solutions to complex technical and business problems. They're making history and the good news is that They've only just begun.
About Amazon India
Amazon teams in India work on complex business challenges to innovate and create efficient solutions that enable various Amazon businesses, including Amazon websites across the world as well as support Payments, Transportation, and Digital products and services like the Kindle family of tablets, e-readers and the store. They are proud to have some of the finest talent and strong leaders with proven experience working to make Amazon the Earth’s most customer-centric company.
They made our foray into the Indian market with the launch of Junglee.com, enabling retailers in India to advertise their products to millions of Indian shoppers and drive targeted traffic to their stores. In June 2013, They launched www.amazon.in for shoppers in India. With www.amazon.in, they endeavor to give customers more of what they want – low prices, vast selection, fast and reliable delivery, and a trusted and convenient online shopping experience. In 2 years since launching our India operations, they have expanded our offering to over 22 million products across 100s of stores! Their philosophy of working backward from the customers is what drives our growth and success.
They will continue to strive to become a trusted and meaningful sales and logistics channel for retailers of all sizes across India and a fast, reliable and convenient online shopping destination for consumers. For them, it is always “Day 1” and they are committed to aggressively invest over the long-term and relentlessly focus on raising the bar for customer experience in India.
Amazon India offers opportunities where you can dive right in, work with smart people on challenging problems and make an impact that contributes to the lives of millions. Join us so you can - Work Hard, Have Fun and Make History.
About the Customer Service Team
Their Amazon Contact Centers work towards a single goal: to deliver the best possible support experience to their customers. To do that, their CS Operations teams are empowered and expected to think like owners. They solve problems the first time so that customers have an effortless experience every time.
Building on Amazon’s global mission of being the ‘Earth’s most customer-centric company’, the Customer Service team started operations in August 2005 and has grown steadily in size and scope since then. They provide 24/7 support to customers across North America, UK, India, Australia, and Canada. Their Team members are empowered to think like owners and resolve customer problems via phone, email or live chat. They operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and make an impact to millions of customers across the globe.
Their relentless focus on process improvements has helped us continuously evolve and expand our focus into new business domains.
Amazon.com, Inc, is an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, with 750,000 employees. It focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence. It is considered one of the Big Four tech companies, along with Google, Apple, and Microsoft. It has been referred to as "one of the most influential economic and cultural forces in the world." Amazon is known for its disruption of well-established industries through technological innovation and mass scale. It is the world's largest online marketplace, AI assistant provider, and cloud computing platform as measured by revenue and market capitalization. Amazon is the largest Internet company by revenue in the world. It is the second-largest private employer in the United States and one of the world's most valuable companies. Amazon was founded by Jeff Bezos in Bellevue, Washington, in July 1994. The company initially started as an online marketplace for books but later expanded to sell electronics, software, video games, apparel, furniture, food, toys, and jewelry. In 2015, Amazon surpassed Walmart as the most valuable retailer in the United States by market capitalization. In 2017, Amazon acquired Whole Foods Market for US$13.4 billion, which vastly increased Amazon's presence as a brick-and-mortar retailer. In 2018, Bezos announced that its two-day delivery service, Amazon Prime, had surpassed 100 million subscribers worldwide. Amazon distributes downloads and streaming of video, music, and audiobooks through its Prime Video, Amazon Music, and Audible subsidiaries. Amazon also has a publishing arm, Amazon Publishing, a film and television studio, Amazon Studios, and a cloud computing subsidiary, Amazon Web Services. It produces consumer electronics including Kindle e-readers, Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Echo devices. In addition, Amazon acquisitions include Ring, Twitch, Whole Foods Market, and IMDb. Among various controversies, the company has been criticized for technological surveillance overreach, a hyper-competitive and demanding work culture, tax avoidance, and anti-competitive practices.